Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back To Reynolda Gardens

The side entry to the gardens draped with Weeping Cherry trees.



Here is the gorgeous Conservatory. I forgot to photograph this before. It's so elegant isn't it.



A Magnolia and a Weeping Cherry reaching for the sky together. And what a blue one it was.



A close up of the Magnolia's blossoms. Bee's were all over the place enjoying these large blossoms as I was.



The vegetable gardens have been tilled and seeded in many spots. They look so perfect!



The view through this weeping cherry is so beautiful. Pictures don't do the light or colors justice.



Here come the peonies. There must be hundreds of them through these gardens. I won't be here for the show though.



This rose arch has really leafed out since the last time I was here.



The first Tulip of the season!



Don't you wish your cold frames were this big. They have three of them at the gardens!



Salad greens.



Mixed perennials.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Mornin' Flowrgirl, The gardens are just gorgeous. Lucky you!

Unknown said...

You can see that you love the time spent there! The pictures are very nice, especially the one with the magnolia tree. I love magnolias!

Lona said...

The blooming trees are so beautiful! What a wonderful time to visit.

Dirt Princess said...

All of the pink shades are just beautiful

Shey said...

Love the post and photos especially the magnolia and weeping cherry.

Makes me want to go there too.

Have a happy and wonderful day!

Bren Haas said...

WOnderful photos... thank you for sharing. I felt as though I was on the visit with you! LOVE IT!!!!
Thank you dear Garden Friend.

Joanne said...

Beautiful reminders of what is yet to begin here in New England. I like the fresh tilled vegetable gardens, hinting at the promise of fresh food!

Linzi said...

Wow!!! Im drooling!!!!

Brian said...

I just noticed today that the magnolias in my area, are starting to open up.

Cool pictures,
Brian

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

It really is beautiful there. Those cold frames are huge!

tina said...

Those peonies are really going to be stunning!

Carolyn said...

I enjoyed touring with you.i love the flowering magnolia and cherry tree.I am so looking forward to spring but we had a snowstorm today.
Carolyn

Heather said...

The picture of the veggie garden make me smile because that is what I would love mine to look like! Perfectly strait rows, nice plants, actually growing. lol
-Heather

Anonymous said...

Beautiful magnolia tree.... and yes, I do wish my cold frame was that big - it is wonderful.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I just read through your blog. You have some gorgeous photos. I sure enjoy the spring blooming trees.
There is an iris that you posted a number of pages back...Blue-eyed Blond or something like that. I will have to get one of those as I have a blue-eyed blond..about your age! ;-)